GIFT (Chaplaincy Team)
We have a dedicated GIFT Chaplaincy Team in school.
Their role is to serve and support the Catholic Life of the School.
Pupils will be entrusted with the responsibility of:
- Giving joyful witness of Christ in their school – missionary disciples.
- Providing support in the delivery of the spiritual, moral, social and cultural development of all pupils.
- Peer pastoral care.
- Assisting with the delivery and development of the prayer life of the school supporting assemblies, worship, class prayer times and prayer groups.
- Assisting with developing and leading retreat experiences for pupils.
- Developing the use of the chapel/prayer room/sacred spaces or areas.
Lent Prayers 2020
During Lent, the Gift chaplains are leading weekly prayers (every Friday at 10am) in each class from Reception to Year 6.
The photograph below shows one of our Gift chaplains showing the Reception children how to use playdough in prayer.
Our visit to St Matthew’s RC High School
On Wednesday 3rd July the GIFT team were invited to St Matthew’s. On arrival we all had lunch together alongside our fellow cluster schools, St Malachy’s and St Dunstan’s. Then we participated in a range of activities from art work to a quiz. We finished the afternoon with a prayer in St Matthew’s beautiful chapel.